The Division of Maribyrnong consists of:
- Moonee Valley City Council,
- part of the Brimbank City Council,
- part of the Hume City Council
- part of the Melbourne City Council, and
- part of the Moreland City Council.
Named after the Maribyrnong River. The name 'Maribyrnong' is variously believed to be:
- an Aboriginal word for 'yam' or 'edible root', or
- derived from the Woiwaurrung word 'Mirrangbamurn', with 'mirrang' meaning eye and 'barmurn' meaning ringtail possum, or
- from the traditional name 'Mareingalk', country belonging to the Mareinbulluc
You can check your current electoral enrolment via the AEC.